Prevent Cooking Fires in Haddonfield NJ
Did you know cooking equipment is the leading cause of residential fires? Distractions can lead to kitchen fires.
Cooking fires by the numbers (Based on 2011-2015 annual averages)
- Cooking equipment is the leading cause of home* fires and fire injuries, causing 47% of home fires that resulted in 20% of the home fire deaths and 45% of the injuries.
- Two-thirds (66%) of home cooking fires start with the ignition of food or other cooking materials.
- Clothing is the item first ignited in less than 1% of these fires, but clothing ignitions lead to 18% of the home cooking equipment fire deaths.
- Ranges or cooktops account for the majority (62%) of home cooking fire incidents.
- Unattended equipment is a factor in one-third (33%) of reported home cooking fires and half (43%) of the associated deaths.
- Frying dominates the cooking fire problem.
- Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires, followed by Christmas Day and Christmas Eve.
Please be careful when cooking.
For help restoring your residential or commercial property after fire loss, call SERVPRO of Haddon heights/Voorhees 24/7/365 at 856-566-338.