Fire Safety Tips for Gibbsboro Area Residents
Many fires are preventable. Some safety tips are listed below:
Fireplaces and Woodstoves:
- Inspect and clean woodstove pipes and chimneys annually and clean and check monthly for damage or obstruction.
- Use a fire place screen heavy enough to stop rolling logs and big enough to cover the entire opening of the fireplace to catch flying sparks.
- Make sure the fire is completely out before leaving the house or going to bed.
Electrical and Appliance Safety
- Frayed wires can cause fires. replace all worn, old or damaged appliance cords immediately and do not run cords under rugs.
- If an appliance has a three-prong plug, use it only in a three-slot outlet. never force it to fit into a two-slot outlet or an extension cord.
- Immediately shutoff, then professionally replace any light switches that are hot or lights that flicker.
In the event of Fire or smoke damage to your home or business contact SERVPRO of Haddon Heights/Voorhees.
When fire and water damage puts the things that matter most on the line, you need to very best help on the line as well. SERVPRO of Haddon Heights/Voorhees is just a call away at 856-566-3388.