How Can Wildfire-Related Fire Damage Restoration Be Avoided in Voorhees?
While Not Always Possible, You Can Protect Your Voorhees Home from Wildfires.
As Voorhees residents, we all benefit from our township’s proximity to both the big city and natural areas with crystal-clear lakes and intriguing wildernesses. Unfortunately, in the springtime, the nearby Pinelands also make wildfires a real threat. There are, however, key ways to mitigate these fire risks.
Your neighbors at SERVPRO know what it takes to lessen your chances of suffering severe fire damage and have successfully performed fire damage restoration on numerous Voorhees residences. After years of completing house fire clean-up, smoke remediation, and fire restoration on fire-damaged homes, our skilled technicians have learned that doing certain simple things before an event can greatly decrease your risks of suffering the worst fire-related problems. Some measures you can take to achieve this goal include:
- Keeping your yards well-watered and free of clutter
- Regularly trimming vegetation around your home
- Periodically spraying water on your home with a garden hose during particularly dry periods of the fire season
- Avoiding keeping flammable materials in or around your house and furnishing it with fire-resistant/fire-retardant materials whenever possible
- Vigilantly listening to all warnings of approaching fires and being prepared to leave when necessary
- Turning off the electric and other utilities before leaving your residence in advance of a forest fire
In taking all of these steps, homeowners can often disrupt a wildfire’s path, starve it of fuel, make it more difficult for materials to ignite, and move their most valuable possessions out of the home before they are consumed.
With all that said, whenever you need fire damage restoration services, don’t hesitate to call your friends at SERVPRO of Haddon Heights/Voorhees for assistance. We are always ready for your call at (856) 566-3388.